The WordPress plugin which helps to fix rss feed errors such as: “Error on line 2: The processing instruction target matching “[xX][mM][lL]” is not allowed.” when you trying to burn WordPress RSS Feed from feedburner, or the error “XML or text declaration not at start of entity” which appears in the Firefox browser, error that happens in Opera browser “XML declaration not at beginning of document” etc.
Download Fix RSS Feed WordPress Plugin
Version: 3.59Release date: 2011-11-24
How to install the rss fix wordpress plugin?
The fix-rss-feed plugin can be installed as all other WordPress plugins. You need to download the archive, unpack and upload it’s content to the Plugins directory.
- Upload the content of archive to the Plugins folder, for sample wp-content/plugins/, the ful path to the plugin directory should looks like wp-content/plugins/fix-rss-feed/.
- Go to WP Plugins List and activate the installed plugin.
The installation is done and plugin was activated.
Now how to use the rss fix wordpress plugin?
The usage of rss feed fixer is pretty much easy. It works automatically after one key press.
- Open the WordPress Admin Dashboard, then select Options -> fix rss feed
- To check WordPress folders and remove errors, click to the “fix wordpress rss feed” button. Plugin will scan folders (except wp-admin and wp-includes) for .php files with header and tail empty lines. It would delete detected blank lines (middle code blank lines will not be affected, so don’t worry, it will not change the main code)
- When it finish to fix rss feed content, the plugin will show you the result. In case if some of your documents containing the problem code but marked as read only, it will prompt an error. In that case you can change the file permission to writable, and rescan the content by pressing of ”fix wordpress rss feed ” button again.
When all checks will be passed, you will see that your WordPress blog became free of rss feed errors.