What is stackhash error? How to resolve the stackhash error? Why the stackhash error happens?
There is a little list of issues:
I recently noticed APPCRASH report data which specify something like “StackHash…” in the “faulting module” parameter of the Windows Error Reporting crash data. When this type of crash is reported, the fault offset in the module always seems to be 0.
The solution is below!
Fault bucket 42424242, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Cab Id: 0
I am running windows Vista and for the last few weeks whenever i run any program it wont allow the program to run, because of a “stackhash” error. I did some research on the net about it but cant any solution to it cept, to check that java is up todate, which it is, can anyone advise me what to do and how to get rid of this error?
Recently I have been having a problem with Outlook 2003. It will work fine for a while and then suddenly crash when you hit, “New” “Reply” “Reply to All” “Forward” . An error message stating Outlook needs to close. The details of the crash are as follows.
Problem Event name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Timestamp: 480f95d9
Fault Module Name: StackHash_5bde
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.1800
Fault Module Timstamp: 4791a7a6
Exeption Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000b015d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Local ID: 1033
Additional information 1: 5bd3
Additional information 2: 0e3b6edba7fla6851d4db6fecac55b3c
Additional information 3: b0e3
Additional information 4: 952cedd48d763986a4694fd8b0e727bd
If I close Outlook and restart it will continue to crash until I restart the computer.
A lot of people around the World faced with the stackhash error!
Let ask Microsoft – why they doing that?
The solution is below:
The StackHash error happens any time DEP is found that there is an issue with the program run. The error is related to Data Execution Prevention. Here’s how 99 percent of Vista and Win7 users can fix a StackHash failure:
- Click the run button and open the Control Panel
- Browse to the section of System Maintenance then to the System
- At the left side, select Advanced System Settings link
- In the System Properties Window the top section is named as Performance with the Settings button. Click this button.
- Choose the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Select the option which reads Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
- Use the Browse button to locate the executable file for the application you were trying to start when you received the StackHash error, and click Open to add it to your exceptions list.
- Click Apply or OK to commit your changes.
Note: Nobody can guarantied you that described instruction will solve the 100% of the StackHash error issues but you can try it to resolve the problem.